Between You & Me – Email List
I have been growing an aerial community from scratch in the rural town of Bishop, California since 2018. There wasn’t even a dance studio when I moved here.
One of my favorite things about aerial arts is how they can change our perception of what is possible. When I was 17 I saw a vintage black and white film of a beautiful trapeze artist. I just knew I could never ever do something like that–something as gorgeous and divine as aerial art was for very special people only–meaning it was off limits to me.
Six years later I would find out that this was something very much accessible to me. Several years after that, I would dedicate my life to making it accessible to others.
I love that aerial arts can reform our ideas about ourselves. Aerial arts can connect you to hidden parts of yourself: the artist, the performer, the athlete, the joyful child, the fierce creator, the teacher.
My intention as a teacher is to guide each student safely through their unique aerial journey, prioritizing creativity, playfulness, and community.
It is my honor to share my knowledge of and love for aerial arts with my community and beyond. And, I am happy to say that since I moved here, a dance studio did open in Bishop! I am heartened to see creative movement arts taking root in this small town.
Forget who everyone wants to be. Empower and align yourself through a meaningful relationship with aerial arts
Learn at your own pace and enhance your aerial education with in-depth tutorials by professional instructors.
Wakeful Ascent Aerial Arts strives to nurture a long-lasting love for creative movement, connect students with themselves and one another, build community through a culture of inclusivity and play, and encourage self-expression through creative action. Aerial arts will mean something different to everybody, and Wakeful Ascent embraces those diverse interpretations.
We specialize in...
- We offer a variety of classes for aerial silks, dance trapeze, and aerial hoop. All classes are located at our studio in the heart of Bishop, CA! ***Suspended during covid-19***
- Aerial Silks Online: is your portal to a variety of aerial silks tutorials, including tricks, transitions, fundamentals, sequences, theory, technique, and choreography. Includes tutorials by Sara Kaiser and Anna Cicone. Members can make requests!
- Video Feedback: detailed feedback without the premium. Get your video analyzed and narrated with slow-mo and all.
- Fit4Flight: at home workouts are a series of 5 workouts to help you get fit and flexible to reach your aerial goals. These workouts are under 40 minutes and can be done at home with no equipment. The best part is, you keep the videos forever!
- Workbooks & Ebooks: From leveling up as an aerialist to designing your very own choreography, we have the resources to help you every step of the way.