Tuck-throughs, Cannonballs, Ballbacks. This is an amazing drill for inversion compression, control in inversion, and makes a great pre-cursor to skin the cats! This drill is also the antidote to flinging your legs forward when you come out of an inversion, slamming your feet onto a mat to the instructor’s dismay. Good on silks, hammock, trapeze, and straps. Here are some tips:
- Keep your chin tucked forward. Avoid the temptation to draw the head back as you invert.
- Imagine powerful magnets on your inner knees–they are locked together!
- Keep your knees as close in to your chest as you can
- Match your ankles and feet
- Step down light as a feather when you come out of inversions 🙂
View this post on Instagram