Aerialists at all levels, and especially instructors put their bodies through high demands. One easy and effective way to keep those muscles healthy and in peak condition is to supplement with protein powder. Here’s why adding protein powder to your routine is such a great way to support your body through aerial training:
- Muscle Repair and Growth: Aerial training involves full-body strength building. Protein powder helps your muscles recover and grow, which is essential for your progress.
- Sustained Energy: Protein stabilizes your blood sugar levels, providing a steady stream of energy during your training sessions. No more mid-training energy crashes!
- Convenience: Life is…life. Protein smoothies are quick and easy to prepare, making them the perfect on-the-go fuel for your busy schedule.
- Getting enough calories: It’s so important to fuel your body and make sure it’s getting everything it needs. I for one have weak hunger signals, especially in the morning. Starting the day with a protein smoothie sets me up for way better energy levels throughout the day and for class.
But which one?! Choosing a protein powder can be a very confusing and drawn-out process. This is something I put a lot of time and consideration into, because most protein powders give me stomachaches. I went on a quest to find one that really worked for me, which led me to…
Pure Food Protein: My FAVORITE!
Here’s why I love it:
- Quality ingredients + PROBIOTICS!
- Made with just 8 organic, functional, nutrient-dense ingredients.
- 95% of ingredients sourced from the U.S. and Canada (no China-grown ingredients).
- 10 grams of sprouted, fermented plant based protein per serving / 32 servings per bag.
- Zero grams of sugar and no gums, fillers, “flavors,” or other additives.
- Perfect 1.0 PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility-Corrected Amino Acid Score).
- Probiotics to support GI health.
- Vegan, Paleo, Keto, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free.
- Third party tested for heavy metals, pathogens, allergens, BPA, and pesticides.
- Great Taste: This can be hard to come by with protein powders, especially sugar-free ones. It’s good!
- Sustainability: Pure Food Protein is all about sustainability in sourcing and packaging! Packaged in sturdy paper (IDK the word for this?!) rather than plastic tubs.
- Values: The owner donates meals to families in need with every purchase! I love supporting businesses owners who have integrated their values into their work.
Here are a few recipes you can try!