Candlestick pikes — floor version! I adore these because they incorporate hollow body strength and pike flexibility.
- Start on your back and push your lumbar spine into the floor
- Squeeze your legs together and lift them off the ground to fold toward your head.
- Use your core to pull your hips off the ground.
- If you can, tap your toes on the floor behind your head. Otherwise, just go to a reasonable depth for you!
- Return to the hollow position without letting your low back pop off the floor. If this is too hard, don’t come down all the way, and consider using furniture or a wall as your reference point.
- Try to stay controlled! Keep it slow and try to keep breathing evenly. As you can see, it is not easy for me to talk while doing these!
Give it a try and let me know how it goes 🙂 The apparatus version of this is available on the Free Aerial Drills page.